The venue is required to provide:
• Technical support – Please note: Where the venue is a cinema or theatre, and has a screen and projection equipment available, the venue will be expected to provide an experienced operator for this equipment
• Chairs / seating for the screening
• Additional marketing support i.e. including the SKFF in regular cinema listings, mentions through e-newsletters etc (hard copy and electronic)
• Staff to assist in selling tickets on the night
If your venue is fully equipped for cinema screening, SKFF can provide the following between our Tour dates:
• The films – usually 2 x 65 minute sessions, with different short films in each session. The SKFF will take care of the classification requirements as well
• Marketing materials, including posters and programs (hard copy and electronic). Artwork or scripts for local advertisings (to be organised and paid for by venue)
• Publicity for the screening. The SKFF has dedicated publicists who will seek out editorial in local media to promote the event
• Administrative support. The Tour will be coordinated from the offices of the Festival.
• Audience feedback forms
If you require technical support and a cinema set up, the Festival can provide the following (please note, not all venues will be selected):
Ticket Prices and Payment
Ticket prices are set with each venue, depending on what the cinema or venue usually charges for films or ‘special events’. An example price might be $15 full / $12 concession. Final ticket pricing is confirmed in consultation with the St Kilda Film Festival.
The St Kilda Film Festival will take 50% of ticket sales.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
“The personal information requested on this form is being collected by the council for the purpose of the St Kilda Film Festival Victorian Tour to partner with potential screening venues. The personal information
will be used solely by the council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes. Council
may disclose this information to internal Festivals team. If this information is not collected the applicant will not be considered for partnership. The applicant understands that the personal information provided is for the
purpose of the Festival and that he or she may apply to the council for access to and/or
amendment of the information. Requests for access and or correction should be made to Council’s