Our mission is to enhance community unity, health and open-space preservation through people, parks and programs.
Art Submission Policy
a) Progress Park has 24 running feet of wall space (Approximately 150 square feet)
b) City Hall has approximately 12 feet of running wall space (Approximately 120 square feet)
c) Art should hang no higher than 12 inches from the display mounting.
d) All art hanging should have a minimum of 3 feet below the piece of art to the floor.
e) Exhibitions that will not substantially fill the exhibit space will not be considered as an individual display, however can be paired with another artist at the discretion of the committee.
a) Name(s) of artist(s)
b) All contact information
c) Image size and outer dimensions of the work proposed
d) Artist Statement on 8.5x11 that will be displayed in exhibit space (must be sent at the time of the application submission)
e) A photo of all artwork must be submitted for approval (digital imaged preferred).
f) Please note that not all artwork submitted for approval may be selected for display.
g) Artist will not be able to hang a piece of artwork that has not been approved by the committee. If an unapproved piece is hung, the piece will be removed and the artist may banned from hanging art in all City public art displays.
Proposals should be mailed to:
Wentzville Parks and Recreation
Attn: Amy Hays
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.
Wentzville, MO 63385
Receipt of proposals will be acknowledged, and any necessary materials will be returned after consideration.
a) To present a variety of exhibitions by local artists in the visual arts;
b) To help local artists (including organizations and amateurs) increase their public exposure;
c) To promote cultural arts programming and the City of Wentzville, Missouri throughout the St. Charles region through exhibitions that represent the values of the City of Wentzville; and
d) Selections will be chosen by the art and program committee based on selection criteria. The committee will base decisions on collective personal knowledge and expertise of art and knowledge of the values of the City. Residence in Wentzville or St. Charles County is not required, but may be considered in the selection process. Works of art may be offered for sale, but this is not a requirement and will not affect selection decisions.
Policies of Exhibition
1) Works of art may be offered for sale, with prices established by the artist. The Wentzville Parks and Recreation office will provide artist’s contact information on exhibit documentation. Works that are not available for purchase must be clearly designated "NFS" (Not for Sale).
2) All art must be suitably framed with a hanging apparatus for display. All frames and mounting arrangements must be securely constructed. Work that is fragile in nature or whose framing or display arrangement is of questionable durability may be rejected.
3) Insurance coverage will not be provided for artwork while on exhibit at designated facilities.
4) Permission for Wentzville Parks and Recreation to photograph and reproduce any work accepted in the exhibition for publicity purposes is considered granted by the artist unless otherwise stated in writing.
5) The City might arrange for press releases as well as articles on the City, Parks & Recreation, Friends of the Wentzville Parks and the Crossroads Art Council web pages. The artist may have the opportunity to be highlighted on our web sites and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
6) Please note that both City Hall and Progress Park are family friendly environments. When submitting your artwork, please remember that all ages and ethnicities will be viewing your display. The committee and/or the City can turn away artwork or take down any piece that has not been approved.
7) For each work, the artist is to provide a description that must include: artist’s name, work title, date, medium, dimensions and sale price. This is part of the application and must be completed.
8) Please be advised that the City of Wentzville does not host exhibit receptions at City Hall or Progress Park.
Please note that the following policies contain important deadlines:
City Hall (1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd., Wentzville, MO 63385)
Progress Recreation Center (968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville, MO 63385)
All art works are to be removed by the artist.
Please follow these steps when submitting samples:
1. Submit no less than five and no more than twelve images plus 2 alternate pieces.
2. Please submit the 8.5” x 11” Artist Statement as a part of the application submission.