To join the credit union and open an account, please
1. Complete this easy application
2. Pay a $1 membership fee
3. Make a $25 minimum deposit into the Savings Account that comes with your membership.
You will need
1. A photo of your driver's license to prove your identity
2. Your debit or credit card information to make the initial deposit
As a 1st Cooperative member, you have secure access to your account online, where you can manage your funds and find tools to help you stay on top of your finances. Enroll in online banking today.
Please select three security questions and answers to use during mobile banking.
You decide how much you want to save while earning interest at a competitive rate.
YOU MAY ALSO ADD ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNTS:
Youth Savers Accounts. Teach your children at a young age the value of saving by opening a Kid’s Club (ages 2–12) or Teen Savers (ages 13–17) account for them. Youth savers receive a gift on their birthday.
Holiday Helper Account. Your holidays can be less hectic with a Holiday Helper Account. For your convenience, the balance of your Holiday Helper Account is transferred to your 1st Cooperative savings or checking account on or after November 1 each year.
Vacation Savings Account. For your convenience, the balance of your Vacation Savings Account is transferred to your 1st Cooperative savings or checking account on or after May 1 each year.
Savings Certificates. You can earn higher dividends by opening a Savings Certificate (certificate of deposit). Minimum balances are based on the term length of your certificate investment.
Health Savings Account (HSA). If you have a high deductible health insurance plan, you can save money for qualified healthcare expenses — and possibly save on taxes, too. If your employer offers a high deductible health plan, open an HSA with us.
Choose the best account for you.
1st FREEDOM Checking Account is a "fee free" traditional checking account that delivers all the features you need and more — and no hidden costs.
1st CHOICE Checking Account requires a minimum balance, but you earn interest on your balance every month.
Checks should be mailed to:
1st Cooperative Federal Credit Union, 808 Knox Abbott Drive, Cayce, SC 29033
A "Payable on Death (POD)" designation is often used by our members to more easily pass on their savings to loved ones.
Individual Owner POD Account. Only you have access to your funds during your lifetime. Upon your death, the remaining funds are disbursed to the named beneficiary(ies) on the account, generally without having to pass through probate.
Joint Owner POD Account. You and the joint owner can access the account at any time during your lifetimes. Upon your death, the funds in the account will be transferred to the joint owner. Only upon the death of you and the joint owner are funds disbursed to the designated beneficiary(ies), generally without going through probate.
Establish a POD beneficiary on a Savings Account or Checking Account below. All account holders are required to sign this part of the form.
Under penalties of perjury, I certify that:
(1) The number shown on this form is my correct social security number/taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued), and
(2) I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and
(3) I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person. For federal tax purposes, you are considered a U.S. person if you are: an individual who is a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien; a partnership, corporation, company, or association created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States; an estate (other than a foreign estate); or a domestic trust (as defined in Regulations section 301.7701-7).
(4) The FATCA code(s) entered on this form (if any) indicating that I am exempt from FATCA reporting is correct.
By signing below, I/we agree to the terms and conditions of the Membership and Account Agreement, Truth-in-Savings Disclosure, Funds Availability Policy Disclosure, if applicable, and to any amendment the Credit Union makes from time to time which are incorporated herein. I/We acknowledge receipt of a copy of the agreements and disclosures applicable to the accounts and services requested herein. If an access card or EFT service is requested and provided, I/we agree to the terms of and acknowledge receipt of the Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Disclosure. The Internal Revenue Service does not require your consent to any provision of this document other than the certifications required to avoid backup withholding.
Sign up for eStatements, and we’ll send you an email notification whenever a new statement is available.
All credit union members are required to pay a $1 membership fee and make a $25 minimum deposit into the savings account that comes with credit union membership. For your convenience, 1st Cooperative accepts credit card or debit card via PayPal. A digital invoice will be sent to your email address.
A Savings Account comes with joining the credit union. However, if you are also opening a Checking Account with this application, you can make deposits into the Checking Account only after this Savings Account is opened.