The Local shall annually fund and award two (2) one thousand‐dollar ($1000.00) memorial scholarships in the name of Brother Ray Achong, and two (2) one thousand‐dollar ($1000.00) memorial scholarships in the name of Brother Paul Brown. The recipients shall be selected by a blind draw at the January General Meeting and shall be subject to the following rules;
1. Children or Step Children of all members in good standing (active or retired), up to the age of 25 are eligible, once per annum.
2. Applicants must apply annually and are limited to one successful application.
3. Proof of active enrolment in a Post‐Secondary Program governed by the Ministry of Education must accompany each application.
4. The Local’s Executive Committee shall judge eligibility of all applications and a list of recommended applicants shall be posted prior to the January General Meeting.
5. All applications must be on the “Ray Achong/Paul Brown Memorial Scholarship” application form and received by the Recording Secretary, no later than October 31 of that year.
6. The scholarships shall be awarded in the recipients’ names (Children or Step Children).