1. That the Balearic Islands have suffered the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in the same way as the rest of the world. However, the health management efforts made by the public authorities have enabled the disease to be contained. As a result, our destination is posting favourable epidemiological data that, following conclusion of Phase 3 of the Plan for a Transition to the New Normal in our region, have allowed the Council of Government to agree on 19 June 2020 to approve the Exceptional Prevention, Containment and Coordination Measures Plan to tackle the health crisis caused by COVID-19. This was published in the Official Regional Gazette of the Balearic Islands (BOIB) Nº 112 of 20 June 2020. For the situation after the State of Emergency is lifted, this document also constitutes the instrument that contains specific measures to prevent possible new outbreaks. These measures will take effect from 00:00 hours on 21 June 2020 and last until the central Government of Spain declares an end to the healthcare crisis situation, without prejudice to possible amendments under agreement by the Council of Government or a ruling from the Health and Consumer Affairs Councillor in the event that circumstances arise that provide good reason for such changes or repeal the same should said circumstances disappear (hereinafter, the “New Normal Plan”).
2. The New Normal Plan requires the application of certain prevention and hygiene measures by hotels and tourist accommodation establishments to open and provide their services aimed at preventing possible contagion risks, of which the CUSTOMER has been informed prior to confirming their booking and arriving at the HOTEL. The annex attached hereto contains a copy of the Health and Safety Protocol for the Prevention of COVID-19, as well as an extract from the rules directly applicable to the CUSTOMER, approved by the Spanish authorities and which the CUSTOMER must be aware of and follow (hereinafter, the “Applicable Legislation”).
3. The CUSTOMER undertakes to comply with the prevention and hygiene measures, as well as use the obligatory or recommended resources, during their stay at the HOTEL under the Applicable Legislation and accepts all the consequences of non-compliance.
4. The Applicable Legislation has been used as the basis for drawing up the internal protocols and regulations at the HOTEL. As a result, in the event of noncompliance and under the Applicable Legislation and the Right of Admission, the HOTEL reserves the right to require compliance with the Applicable Legislation by the CUSTOMER and, in the event of repeated non-compliance by the CUSTOMER, to report such conduct to the competent authority.
5. Furthermore, the CUSTOMER is aware of the risks that might be incurred by staying at a hotel establishment during the current situation and health crisis due to COVID-19. Hence, it being the wish of the CUSTOMER to stay at the HOTEL, the CUSTOMER assumes said risks and, under the Applicable Legislation of which they have been informed, exonerates the HOTEL from any civil liability stemming from the damages that may be incurred by incidents taking place at the HOTEL as a result of said disease.
The hotel will not be responsible for any valuable objects not placed in the safe deposit box during your stay. We recommend the use of your personal safe deposit in your room. Please contact the management for further details.
With signing this registration form I understand that Ca‘s Xorc Luxury Retreat & Restaurant may need to debit my credit card for any charges left outstanding after my departure.
HOTEL CAS XORC SLU. NIF: B07916018
Spain Travel Health
To protect your health, the Government of Spain has implemented a series of measures to protect the general public’s health, including health control of passengers upon arrival in Spain. From this website you can fill out the health control form and obtain your QR Code, to show it at the control points upon arrival in Spain.