Bathurst Regional Council is committed to achieving high quality, culturally relevant public art outcomes in the Bathurst region. Council welcomes submissions from artists, community groups, arts organisations, businesses, and independent commissioners for public art proposals that build dynamic public art experiences and reflect Bathurst’s cultural vitality, diverse and inclusive community, and distinct regional identity.
The Bathurst Public Art Program Committee (PAPC) will consider proposals for artworks in public spaces (Council owned and managed land and buildings) and act in an advisory capacity for artwork proposals for private commercial property that is highly visible to the public.
Projects must be funded independently, and demonstrate a clear artistic rationale with consideration of public safety and access, materials, fabrication and installation, maintenance and durability, and evidence of community support. Council encourages projects that consider:
• Wiradjuri art, culture, and heritage
• the cultural, social, and historic narratives of the Bathurst region
• the diverse voices and stories of the Bathurst community
• the architectural sites and heritage character of the Bathurst region
• opportunities for local artists
• opportunities that support community participation
• temporary interventions in public spaces
Please note that some proposals may need Development Approval from Council. This will be assessed on a case by case basis, with guidance and support provided by the PAPC following proposal assessments. Submissions must be made electronically via this form.
If you require assistance or have any questions, please contact Bathurst Regional Art Gallery on 02 6333 6555 or via email@example.com
Public art proposals will be assessed by the PAPC with regard to:
• Integrity of work and curatorial rationale
• Relevance to place
• Benefit to local community
• Opportunity for local artists / community participation
• Evidence of robust plan to deliver the proposal
• Evidence of ability to fund the project
• Evidence of community consultation or support
Assessments may take up to six (6) weeks from the time of submission.
The PAPC may forward your proposal to the Public Art Technical Review Panel for advice regarding technical specifications and viability. Projects requiring a DA will be identified by the PAPC.
For more information, contact:
Bathurst Regional Art Gallery
02 6333 6555
Please tick the boxes below.
You are now ready to submit your application. When you submit your application you will receive an automated email indicating that your application has been submitted. This will be sent to the email address you used to register. If you do not receive the confirmation email, then you have not submitted successfully - please try again!