After an extensive development process, we’re thrilled to introduce you to the future of online forms – with Cognito Forms V2!
Completely rebuilt from the ground up to deliver better performance, increased usability and greater value – Cognito Forms V2 makes your online forms better than ever.
Here’s everything you need to know to get started using Cognito Forms V2.
Cognito Forms V2 features
Our platform innovations now provide you:
Better design and user experience (UX)
- Progress bar more responsive to screen dimensions
- Better responsiveness for fields
- Expanded Section 508 compliance and increased usability
- Easier CSS overrides
- Improved UI for dropdowns, date pickers, toggles and more!
- Faster loading forms (up to 33% faster)
- Seamlessly embed multiple forms on a single page
- Embed forms in a single page app
- One consistent public API for Seamless and Iframe embedding
Check out our release notes for a comprehensive overview of all changes.
Start using Cognito Forms V2
To use the new Cognito Forms V2:
- Click on your organization’s name in the top right and click the settings icon to access your organization’s settings.
- Select Forms Version in the left-hand navigation or scroll to the Forms Version section.
- Select Enable V2.
That’s it! At this point, all of your public forms and embedded forms will automatically update to V2. If you have any questions about the new forms, or you’ve found a potential bug, please get in touch with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s changed in Cognito Forms V2?
- Is the V2 upgrade a one-way process?
- Is there an additional cost to turn on V2?
- Can I preview or test my forms in V2 before I switch over?
- Do I need to update my existing CSS?
- How do I pass CSS into an Iframe in Cognito Forms V2?
- Will switching to V2 affect my embedded forms?
- Can I embed two forms on a single page?
- What happens to my entry sharing links/Save & Resume links when updating to V2?
- Can I still prefill forms in Cognito Forms V2?
- Will switching to V2 affect existing forms, or only forms created after I upgrade?
- Will switching to V2 affect my existing entry data?
- Will switching to V2 break any of our integrations?
- Will the links to my forms change when I switch to V2?
- I have a question that isn’t answered here. What should I do?