The Manage Document Templates dialog is where you can add, delete, and configure both Standard and Custom document templates. You can access this dialog from your confirmation options, notification/confirmation emails, individual entries, and the share entry dialog.
Check each box to set the default details of your basic template, including:
Specify the default file name and optionally insert field data, such as Name and and Entry Number. This is the name that people will see when they download your document.
Edit the description of your template that appears on your template list. This description is for internal use only and is not visible to anyone except internal Cognito Forms users.
Documents are generated using one of two types of document templates:
- Standard: You can generate basic PDF files for free using standard document templates. From the Manage Documents dialog, specify what you want to include in the document; such as entry details, receipts, form title, logo, etc.
- Custom: When you need a bit more control, you can customize standard templates by downloading the standard template as a Word document and use our simple and powerful merge syntax to completely customize your generated document. You can also specify whether you want the output to be in Word or PDF format. Learn more about creating custom templates.
Check each box to include the fields and information that will be included in your document by default:
- Entry details – Include entry fields.
- Blank fields – Include fields with no responses.
- Internal fields – Include fields that are for internal use.
- Hidden fields – Include fields that display under certain conditions.
- Form logo – Include your logo image.
- Form title – Include the title of your form.
- Document page numbers – Include a number at the end of each page.
- Payment details – Include the receipt for a form with payment fields.
- Form controls – Display the document exactly as it appears on your form, with radiobuttons/checkboxes/textboxes. See examples of a document with and without form controls enabled.