Created in 2008, ProjectManager.com is an advanced project management application with a rapidly growing community of more than 12,000 managers and teams in 101 countries. Utilized by organizations like NASA and the United Nations, ProjectManager.com allows you easily plan, track, and report on projects from any platform - including desktops and Apple/Android devices.
With the help of Zapier, ProjectManager.com and Cognito Forms can be paired together to make a pretty dynamic duo. By connecting the two applications, you can potentially automate a variety of functions; like creating a new task or file in ProjectManager.com whenever a new order or payment is created in Cognito Forms.
In this example, we’re going to use the Help Request form template, which allows employees to request IT support. We can then connect our form to our ProjectManager.com account to instantly create a new project issue whenever an employee submits a help request.
Create your Zap
Once you’ve set up your Zapier account, the process of creating your Zap (the connection between Cognito Forms and ProjectManager.com) is pretty straightforward:
Set the trigger
The trigger is the event in Cognito Forms that starts your Zap:
- Choose Cognito Forms as the Trigger App.
- Choose New Entry as the Trigger.
- Select your Cognito Forms account and organization.
- Select your form and test the connection.
Set the action
To set the action that occurs in ProjectManager.com:
- Choose Project Manager as the Action App.
- Select Create Issue as the Action.
- Connect your ProjectManager.com account using your account’s API Key. To do this:
- Open your ProjectManager.com account settings and select the API tab.
- Enable your Live API, and then select Download keys.
- Your account keys will be downloaded as an Excel file that displays keys for every user in your system.
- Copy and paste your key into Zapier to continue.
- Next, specify the project to create the issue in, and match up the issue name, who it was raised by, and any additional details that you want to include.
- Test the connection.
Try out your Zap!
Now, when someone submits a help request in Cognito Forms:
The submitted data will instantly become a new issue in ProjectManager.com:
Have any questions about our Zapier integration? Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below!