On September 27, 2021, we updated our Data Processing Addendum with the Standard Contractual Clauses as required to adhere to new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provisions. Users who signed our DPA before these provisions took effect must sign our new DPA to ensure compliance beyond Dec 2022.
Yes! We are now offering data processing agreements for organizations who use Cognito Forms to collect personal data about people in the UK, EU, and US state of California. View a sample DPA.
To sign a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with Cognito Forms:
- Login to your Cognito Forms account.
- Select your organization’s name in the top left corner and then click Settings.
- Click Plan in the left-hand navigation, or scroll to the Plan section.
- From your plan settings, find the Privacy Regulation Compliance section and click the Sign our DPA to get started link. If you have an already signed version, click Exit your DPA and then click the Sign our DPA to get started link.
- Review the DPA as written in the dialog, then provide the legal name of your organization along with your title and signature at the bottom of the agreement and click the I Agree button.
Once completed, you’ll see a message indicating that you’ve successfully signed the DPA with Cognito Forms. You can then download a PDF copy of your agreement. (You’ll also automatically receive a copy of your agreement at the email address associated with your organization.)
If you have any questions about GDPR or CCPA compliance, or signing a DPA with Cognito Forms, please contact us.