Build secure order forms, event registrations, and more in just minutes. Manage every step of the process without ever leaving Cognito Forms. Get details on your transactions, make changes to your orders or even issue refunds in just a few clicks.
Creating your payment form
Assign prices, track quantities, and calculate charges using Choice field options from a drop-down menu, radio buttons or checkboxes.
Charge customers fees for additional options using the Yes/No field.
Use the Currency field to allow customers to specify the amount they would like to be charged, such as for donations.
Use the Price field to create calculations that result in a charge, like additional quantities.
PayPal, Stripe, and Square all offer a highly competitive 2.9% + $0.30 on all transactions in USD. On Stripe, there is an additional 1% charge from Cognito Forms for those on the Individual or Pro plans. These processing fees can be passed on to the individual filling out the form, unless your form’s payment currency does not match the currency of your Stripe account.
Managing entries with payment
All payments can be managed within the Entries page of your Cognito Form. You can see entry details, refund payments, and even collect cash payments without ever leaving Cognito Forms. Any modifications made, such as refunding, will be automatically reflected within the connected payment account, and modifications made within the payment account will be reflected within Cognito Forms. Learn more about managing entries with payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I create a credit card authorization form?
- Can I allow customers to optionally include processing fees in their order?
- Do I need an SSL certificate on my website to collect payment?
- Can I use Cognito Forms for customers who want to pay in person or pay later?
- Can I connect more than one payment account to my Cognito Forms?
- When do I receive the money I collected through a payment form?
- What happens if there is a dispute?
- How much does it cost to collect payment?
- Do you support payments by check?
- Do you support recurring billing?
- Can I collect sales tax on my Cognito Forms?
- How do I create a coupon code?
- Can I collect credit card information in Cognito Forms?