You can assign or change a user’s permissions by clicking your organization’s name in the top left corner and then clicking Settings. In your organization’s settings, go to the Users section.
The global permission a user is granted affects what they can do within your organization, and is the default permission granted when new forms are created within the organization.
- Owners can manage the organization, plans, and billing, as well as manage users, forms, and entries. Only owners can assign other owners or delete the organization.
- Administrators can manage users, forms, and entries.
- Editors can manage form entries, but cannot build or publish forms.
- Reviewers can only view or export form entries, but cannot make changes.
- Limited Access users can log in, but only have access to forms for which they have been given specific permissions.
Detailed Permission Comparison
|View user permissions||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Change user permissions||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Assign new owners||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View billing information||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Edit billing information||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View plan usage||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View billing history||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View general settings||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit general settings||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View default location||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit default location||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Require two-factor authentication*||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
*Organizations on the Enterprise plan level can require two-factor authentication for all users.
A user’s global permission can be overridden on an individual form.
- Administrators can manage the form and its entries including assigning permissions to users on that form.
- Editors can manage the form’s entries but cannot build or publish the form.
- Reviewers can only view or export the form’s entries but cannot make changes.
- Limited Access users have no access to forms unless assigned to specific workflow roles.
Detailed Form Permission Comparison
|Assign form permissions||Yes||No||No||No|
|View form in Dashboard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes**|
|Move form to/from a folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|View integration audit data*||Yes||No||No||No|
|Create new entries||Yes||Yes||Yes**||Yes**|
|Create new entry view ||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Manage document templates||Yes||No||No||No|
|Mark entries as Read/Unread||Yes||Yes||No||No|
*Form administrators can view full integration status details in the entry audit log.
**Reviewers/Limited access users only have these permissions when accessing entry views assigned to their workflow role. Additionally, Limited Access users can only generate document templates set to the role they’ve been assigned and cannot export entries using the All Fields option.
By default, folder/form permissions are inherited from global permission levels.
You can assign individual folder permissions on your organization’s Dashboard. Simply open the folder and select the Users icon in the top right corner.
- Global Administrators can manage the folder and create new folders.
- Folder Administrators can manage the folder, but cannot create new folders.
- Editors/Reviewers can view forms in the folder, but cannot make changes to the folder.
- Limited Access users cannot make any changes to the folder, and cannot view the folder unless it contains forms the user has permission to access.
Detailed Folder Permission Comparison
|Add new form to folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|Move form to folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|Copy form to folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|Edit folder permissions||Yes||No||No||No|
*Folder will only appear if the folder contains forms the user has permission to access.
**You must be an Administrator of every form in the folder to archive it.