You can assign or change a user’s permissions by clicking on the user from the User list on Organization’s settings.
The global permission a user is granted affects what they can do within your organization, and is the default permission granted when new forms are created within the organization.
- Owners can manage the organization, plans, and billing, as well as manage users, forms, and entries. Only owners can assign other owners or delete the organization.
- Administrators can manage users, forms, and entries.
- Editors can manage form entries, but cannot build or publish forms.
- Reviewers can only view or export form entries, but cannot make changes.
- None can log in, will only have to access to forms for which they have been given specific permissions.
Detailed Permission Comparison
|View user permissions||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Change user permissions||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Assign new owners||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View billing information||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Edit billing information||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View plan usage||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View billing history||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View general settings||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit general settings||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|View default location||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit default location||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Require two-factor authentication*||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
*Only organizations on the Enterprise plan level can require two-factor authentication for all users.
A user’s global permission can be overridden on an individual form.
- Administrators can manage the form and its entries including assigning permissions to users on that form.
- Editors can manage the form’s entries but cannot build or publish the form.
- Reviewers can only view or export the form’s entries but cannot make changes.
- None has no access to the form and cannot view it on the forms home page.
Detailed Form Permission Comparison
|Assign form permissions||Yes||No||No||No|
|Create new entries||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Change entry status||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|View form on form home page||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
Organizations on the Enterprise plan have the ability to set and manage user permissions on folders. By default, folder/form permissions are inherited from global permission levels. But, if necessary, you can assign permissions on a folder-by-folder basis.
- Global Administrators can manage the folder and create new folders.
- Folder Administrators can manage the folder, but cannot create new folders.
- Editors/Reviewers can view forms in the folder, but cannot make changes to the folder.
- None cannot make any changes to the folder, and cannot view the folder unless it contains forms the user has permission to access.
Detailed Folder Permission Comparison
|Add new form to folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|Move form to folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|Copy form to folder||Yes||No||No||No|
|Edit folder permissions||Yes||No||No||No|
*You must be an Administrator of every form in the folder to archive it.
**Folders will only appear if the folder contains forms the user has permission to access.