We recently simplified the process for copying forms. The new process is detailed here.
You can duplicate forms within an organization as well as copy forms from one organization to another.
To copy a form:
In your Cognito Forms account, open the All Forms home page of the organization containing the form you want to copy.
Hover over the form title and select the Copy option.
Update the title of the copied form. If you’re a member of multiple organizations, you can also select the organization and folder destination for your new form. When you’re done, select the Copy button.
Your copied form will automatically open in the builder. Be sure to review your form and make any necessary changes before publishing!
When you copy a form, the settings that get copied over will differ based on where the form is copied to:
- When a form is copied within the same organization, all form settings will be copied verbatim. Be sure to review the form settings, payment settings and submission settings of your copied form before submitting new entries.
- When a form is copied into a different organization (this includes forms that are shared as templates), most form settings will be copied over with the exception of:
- Post to endpoint settings.
- Send to SharePoint settings.
- Form location settings.
- Payment account settings.
- Entry sharing embed URL.
- Email notification settings are copied, but the To email address is not.
- Email confirmations are copied, but the From email address and display name are not.
- Template sharing is disabled.
- When a form is copied into a HIPAA-compliant organization:
- Email notifications are copied, but disabled.
- Email confirmations are copied, but disabled.
- Entry sharing settings are copied (except for the embed url), and disabled.
- Post to endpoint setting are copied, but disabled.
- Save and resume settings are copied, but disabled.
- Send to SharePoint settings are copied, but disabled.